Acero Precision is a leading, global OEM manufacturer of precision machined components. We specialize in the manufacturing and assembly of complex, close tolerance products. Our range of clients includes the Medical Device, Motorsport, and Analytical Industries. Acero Precision's new headquarters is a brand new state-of-the-art 80,000+ square foot manufacturing facility located in West Chester, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join the Acero Precision team! In this position, you would be responsible for maintaining the company's high production standards by means of continuously improving methods of inspection and standard operating procedures. You will also assist our Quality Assurance Manager in implementing and maintaining ISO certifications, NCR’s, Gage and Instrument Calibrations and Customer Audits. The Quality Assurance Technician's primary functions will be providing manufacturing support, serving a supervisory role, and provide training to new employees.
- Perform First Article Inspections (FAI's) throughout the shift in a timely manner
- Work with management to develop specific and measurable goals, improvements and standards to continuously and consistently improve quality and reduce errors
- Act on behalf of the customer to audit and maintain the accuracy and timely delivery of products.
- Make sure that roving inspections are done at all work stations on a routine daily basis and results are reported back to the machinist and cell Manager.
- See to it that final inspections are done in a thorough manner and in accordance with shipping requirements and scheduling. Coach Final Inspectors.
- Maintain ISO 9001 and 13485 Medical Device Quality Management System compliance.
- Serve as a "Good-Will Ambassador", to staff and to our customers at all times.
- Observe work, and monitor measurements, data, and other indicators to insure operators comply with processing standards. Uses Monitor Report to ensure parts are being checked.
- Lead by example in all activities that relate to Quality Control and its effective implementation.
- Assist employees with the interpretation of blue prints and with the analysis of parts according to those prints.
- Notify employees of quality related errors and how they can be corrected.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including monitoring performance and setting performance standards.
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees in order to improve product quality consistency and throughput.
- Ensures that all Trainings assigned to employees in the cell are completed in a timely manner.
- Train new employees on the efficient and proper use of inspection tools and machines, including but not limited to: calipers, gauges, micrometers, and comparators.
- Guide new employees through the inspection process.
- Initiate Quality related SOP’s, SOP training and make sure that these procedures are properly followed.