'We are proud to be leading the country’s most talented group of engineers, machinists and craftspeople with a dedication to improving the quality of others’ lives.' Michael Fitzgerald, President & CEO
For Acero, proud to be an American manufacturer means:
* the latest in engineering
* the best in quality
* the most dedicated, passionate and brightest in their field.
Proud of your professional skills? Looking to be a member of a well-respected and dynamic workforce changing the face of American manufacturing? We are looking for you! Read on!
* Industry competitive compensation
* Performance-based bonus program
* Medical, dental, vision & life Insurance
* 401k plan
* PTO & paid holidays
* Opportunity for Advancement
The Senior Buyer is responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services, managing and negotiating with vendors and supervises Materials Planning handlers. The successful candidate is able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
* Establish Purchasing Policies and ensure compliance.
* Inserts excellence into the procurement department.
* Manage, negotiate and execute all contracts.
* Negotiate with vendors for goods and services.
* Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers, grade same through the ERP.
* Work with requests for quotes, RFP’s, bids, contracts, purchase orders.
* Develop new supply sources.
* Establish account/credit and terms. Place orders with open accounts.
* Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
* Perform cost analysis and benchmarking with new vendor targets vs. existing standards.
* Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
* Consistently use problem solving skills to discover the cause and solutions of purchase and delivery issues within the ERP system.
* Document the methods chosen as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Oversees the Material Planning handlers
* BS Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
* At least (5) five years of experience in procurement functions supporting manufacturing operations.
* Strong commitment to detail and error-free performance
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
* Extremely intuitive with problem solving and resolutions
* Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
* Working knowledge of ERP systems
* Financial management abilities
* Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
* Supervisory skills
10+ years in manufacturing
Relevant experience in the medical device industry
It is the policy of Acero Precision not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Acero Precision to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not reply to Acero job posts. All applications and/or contact information submitted are kept on file and are the property of Acero Precision.