'We are proud to be leading the country’s most talented group of engineers, machinists and craftspeople with a dedication to improving the quality of others’ lives.' Michael Fitzgerald, President & CEO
For Acero, proud to be an American manufacturer means:
- the latest in engineering
- the best in quality
- and the most dedicated, passionate and brightest in their field
Do you want to be a leader of a dynamic, well-respected workforce changing the face of American manufacturing? Are you a CNC Machinist or Production Quality Inspection Tech looking for a supervisory role? Ready to transition into a management position? We are looking for you! Read on! www.aceroprecision.com
- Industry competitive compensation
- Shift differential pay available for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Performance-based bonus program
- Medical, dental, vision & life Insurance
- 401k plan
- PTO & paid holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
As Night Shift Supervisor, you would be responsible for maintaining the company's high production standards by means of continuously improving methods of inspection and standard operating procedures during our night shift. You're a leader by nature, able to supervise nightly operations and communicate with all levels of employees and management. You pride yourself on a strong commitment to detail and error-free performance, having the intuition to solve problems as they arise and manage multiple tasks at once. You know how to help your employees and know when to step in to get the job done.
- Daily assignment and supervision of all night shift CNC Machinists, Manufacturing Assistants, and Intern cell employees
- Daily meeting for daily production goals
- Accountable for what the team does, i.e.: keeping machines running, meeting production requirements, all data entry and paperwork (in process reports, processing sheets, etc.).
- Cell WIP and follow thru with parts movement to next step or process
- Sets the Shift Schedule - making sure the cell has ample coverage (both weekdays and weekend days) to maintain production goals
- Cell Housekeeping: Machines fully detailed; benches clean and organized inside and out; clipboards and computers clean and organized; mats/rugs clean and straight; coolant buckets and oils neatly stored when not in use; tool changing stations neat and organized; machines fully detailed
- Responsible for the updates to Maintenance Log
- Effectively communicate with various levels of the organization about shift performance and resource utilization, reporting any production or safety issues to Management.
- Inspecting materials, products, and equipment to find defects and implement corrections.
- Perform measurements on parts utilizing measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, gauge tools, optical comparators and CMMs.
- Understanding blueprint standards including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) symbols and measurement procedures.
- Ensuring that inspection equipment and gages at each work station are correct and properly calibrated.
- High school diploma required.
- 5 years related operations/leadership experience.
- 3 years prior CNC Machining and/or Production Quality Technician experience in a CNC machining environment.
- Proficient in Database and Microsoft Office applications.
- AS/BS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical degree.
- Experience with Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM).
- Certification or specialized training.
- English/Spanish language skills
It is the policy of Acero Precision not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Acero Precision to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not reply to Acero job posts. All applications and/or contact information submitted are kept on file and are the property of Acero Precision.