'We are proud to be leading the country’s most talented group of engineers, machinists and craftspeople with a dedication to improving the quality of others’ lives.' Michael Fitzgerald, President & CEO
Altus Spine, major supplier of medical devices and analytical devices for operating rooms, dedicated to delivering inventive solutions with unprecedented quality to our surgeons and patients. Visit us at www.AltusSpine.com.
Altus Spine means the latest in design and engineering, the best in quality, and the most dedicated, passionate and brightest in their field. If that is you we want to hear from you! Please read on!
- Industry competitive compensation
- Performance-based bonus program
- Medical, dental, vision & life Insurance
- 401k plan
- PTO & paid holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
The Quality Control Inspector’s overall purpose is to maintain the company’s high production standards through continuously improving methods of inspection and standard operating procedures. The goal of the Quality Control Inspector is to provide our internal and external customers with the highest quality standards possible.
In order to achieve these strategic goals, the Quality Control Inspector will assist in making sure quality procedures are followed across the board. Routine tasks include:
- inspecting incoming parts
- inspecting outgoing surgical instrumentation sets,
- reporting non-conformance
- ensuring continuous product movement to support surgeries.
Assist the Quality Assurance Manager in implementing and maintaining the quality system:
- Product Experience Report
- Gage and Instrument Calibrations
- Internal or External Audits
- Expertise on inspection and measurement equipment
- Adherence to part quality specifications, SOP’s and other requirements and procedures.
- Understand blueprint/technical drawing standards including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing symbols and measurement procedures.
- Act on behalf of the patient to audit and maintain the accuracy and timely delivery of products.
- See to it that Inspections are done in a thorough manner and in accordance to requirements for receiving materials and products.
- Generate Non-Conforming Reports.
- Assist in maintaining the calibration and traceability of gages and other inspection equipment.
- Maintain the compliance, completeness and accuracy of all data entered into records.
- Help new employees to understand the inspection system, inspection equipment, and inspection procedures, along with operations product flow.
- Make sure that inspection equipment and gages at each work station are correct and properly calibrated according to work piece requirements.
- Assist engineers and technicians with questions about inspection procedures and blueprint/technical drawing interpretation.
- Lead by example in all activities that relate to Quality Assurance and its effective implementation.
- High school diploma required.
- Three years prior Quality Control experience in a CNC manufacturing environment.
- Special certification
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control
- Experience with Coordinate Measuring Machines
It is the policy of Altus Spine not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Acero Precision to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not reply to Altus Spine job posts. All applications and/or contact information submitted are kept on file and are the property of Altus Spine.