'We are proud to be leading the country’s most talented group of engineers, machinists and craftspeople with a dedication to improving the quality of others’ lives.' Michael Fitzgerald, President & CEO
For Acero, proud to be an American manufacturer means:
• the latest in engineering
• the best in quality
• the most dedicated, passionate and brightest in their field
Proud of your professional skills? Looking to be a member of a well-respected and dynamic workforce changing the face of American manufacturing? We are looking for you! Read on!
• Industry competitive compensation
• Performance-based bonus program
• Medical, dental, vision & life Insurance
• 401k plan
• PTO & paid holidays
• Opportunity for Advancement
We are looking for a Material Handler/Inventory Controller to join the Acero Precision team! The major duty of a material handler is handling and managing all stock items, receiving deliveries into the warehouse, filling orders given to them by the different departments, and handling physical counts and weekly inventory counting. It is the material handler’s responsibility to ensure the flow of materials to the production floor. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining the inventory of materials, tools, and inserts for the CNC machinery. You are organized and have a close eye for detail, as you will keep accurate inventory counts and required tools on hand to meet production requirements. You will collect, clean and properly store used tools daily. Quarterly, you will be responsible for inventory counts of tools and materials, which must be complete by COB EOM.
• Full control over tooling inventory
• Update and maintain order, cleanliness and efficiency of over 3,000 different tooling bins.
• Place orders for all replacement tools or new items that maybe needed for future projects.
• Order proper quantities based upon historical reports.
• Contact vendors & acquire quotes for cost control.
• Complete scheduled inventory counts for accuracy.
• Monitor and maintain all inventory items that fall in the product lines of: 'shop supplies,' 'cleaning supplies,' 'consumables,' and 'oils'
• Physically receive and distribute all deliveries that enter the building.
• Collect tooling carts used to return tools from machines to the Tooling Services Department on a daily basis and for removing, organizing, cleaning, and putting away all tools and materials on the carts.
• Maintain the Acero Precision Tooling Locator: the primary 'catalog' of in house tooling used by manufacturing personnel. The Locator must be kept current and accurate at all times.
• Prepare setup bins with all the cutting tools and tooling related material specified by the job setup sheet, or requested by the person responsible for the setup. Setup bins will be prepared in advance, whenever possible.
• Perform quarterly inventory count of tool and weekly oil inventory per AP0042.
• The employee is required to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
• The employee is required to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work.
• The employee is required to raise or lower objects from one level to another regularly during the shift.
• The employee is required, on a regular basis, to carry objects in his or her arms.
• High School diploma required or equivalent experience
• Strong commitment to detail and error-free performance
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Have a mechanical aptitude (specific to manufacturing floor employees)
• Extremely intuitive with problem solving and resolutions
• Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams
• Excellent verbal skills
• Good organizational and record-keeping skills
•1-2 years previous inventory control/material handling experience
Acero Precision is a leading, global OEM Manufacturer of precision machined components. We specialize in the manufacturing and assembly of complex, close tolerance products. Our range of clients includes the Medical Device, Motorsport, and Analytical Industries. Acero Precision's new headquarters is a brand new state-of-the-art 80,000+ square foot manufacturing facility located in West Chester, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia.
It is the policy of Acero Precision not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Acero Precision to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not reply to Acero job posts. All applications and/or contact information submitted are kept on file and are the property of Acero Precision.